Did you know that 1 in 8 women experience postpartum depression or anxiety after having a baby? Risk factors include:
– A history of depression or anxiety, either during pregnancy or before
– Family history of depression or anxiety
– A difficult pregnancy or birth experience
– Giving birth to twins or other multiples
– Experiencing problems in your relationship with your partner
– Experiencing financial problems
– Receiving little or no support from family or friends to help you care for your baby
– Unplanned pregnancy
Having depression and anxiety during pregnancy or after birth isn’t your fault. But, there are some things you can do that may help you feel better: Connect with other moms, make time for yourself, do something you enjoy, ask for help, and rest when the baby rests.
Need help? We provide low cost, science based and effective mental wellness groups.
Read the full article here: https://www.nichd.nih.gov/ncmhep/initiatives/moms-mental-health-matters/moms