Mental Wellness is Particularly Challenging for High School Students
Research shows that mental health issues are on the rise in high school students. Unique challenges high schoolers face such as
- Pressures of school
- Bullying and peer pressure
- Challenges with friendships and relationships
- Hormonal development
- Stigma surrounding mental health care
- Alienation, not fitting in, other social challenges
and general factors
- negative life events
- lack of social support
- poor sleep
all play a role in stress, anxiety, and depression.
Further, high school students often have significant demands on their time and fear the consequences of seeking help.
That’s why Mood Lifters has partnered with the Educational Foundation of Dexter/ E4DS to bring their revolutionary mental health groups to Dexter High School students FREE OF CHARGE.
Teens ages 14-18 that are not enrolled in Dexter High School may also participate for a one-time fee of $200 for the full 12 weeks of meetings.
Our Strategy. Your Strength.
Mood Lifters took the most effective treatments and wove them into a peer-led program to:
- Reduce stress, depression and anxiety
- Help you live a more positive and fulfilling life
Specifically, Mood Lifters offers you 12 weekly hour-long meetings. In each of the 12 weekly meetings, you learn science-based techniques and set your own goals. Next, you practice these skills in between meetings. You track your own personal progress through Mood Lifters’ point system and app.
Mood Lifters improves lives via:
- Skilled peer leaders who have benefited from the program
- Accountability and motivation from our point system
- Effective strategies based on science
- Support and encouragement from fellow group members